Patients and Employers
The Sentara Quality Care Network offers employees, through their employer healthcare benefit program, a unique partnership between 2,800 physicians and advanced practitioners in the Hampton Roads, Charlottesville and Harrisonburg regions, Sentara Healthcare (including Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital and Sentara RMH Medical Center) and Children’s Hospital of the Kings Daughters. The physician network of both primary care and specialists collaborate to make healthcare easier to deliver and less costly for patients without sacrificing quality or patient satisfaction. The Sentara Quality Care Network is physician-led and patient-centered and is committed to delivering better care.
The attributes of the Sentara Quality Care Network enable its providers to partner with employers to understand their benefit designs and develop ways to optimize access to health services and ensure the right care is provided at the right time. More effective care creates value – for patients, payers and providers. SQCN raises the performance bar for providers through the integration of clinical and employer objectives. Physicians are able to utilize SQCN resources to expand their practices’ capabilities while achieving meaningful and measureable results.
There are two core principles within the design of the network:
- Additional care management resources and other healthcare professionals are available to participating physician practices to assist with the management of chronic disease and other complex medical conditions – at no additional cost to the patient.
- A medical information system allows providers timely and accurate clinical data in order to improve the coordination of care and to identify care that is needed yet not received.
The SQCN physician and his/her registered nurse care manager are able to engage social workers and clinical pharmacists to help manage a patient’s health condition. And most importantly, the SQCN provider team is committed to encouraging and achieving active patient involvement in the management of their health.
How Will Individuals Benefit from Selecting a Sentara Quality Care Network (SQCN) Provider?
By working with their provider and the members of the SQCN care team, individuals will be able to:
- Better understand their medical conditions
- Learn ways to get the care needed, when needed and by the right provider
- Set health goals and learn how to achieve and maintain these goals